Monday, June 28, 2010

Granola Bars

I sit in our living room watching my dad meticulously unwrapping his granola bar, Nature Valley Granola Bars to be exact. He takes a little nibble and refolds it back into the paper and puts it into his pocket, his catch all for the necessities of life. Knowing this variety of bar, it is sweet, crunchy and quite crumbly and he loves them. I know the crumbs are falling all over his lap, between his legs, onto the seat of the chair and probably onto the floor. I don't say anything. I know it would just make him feel bad and it wouldn't accomplish any long lasting change. Five minutes from now he will not remember a word I said to him. When he leaves the room I go over to the chair and sweep the crumbs into my hand and dispose of them. The crumbs on the floor will have to wait because I just don't feel like digging out the vacuum right now. Tomorrow I'll clean the area around the chair. Another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment