Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pop the Cross Dresser

It is around 8 AM and I see Pop emerging from his morning toiletries. He walks into view with a bit of a swagger appearing to be quite confident of his appearance. I note that as usual his beautiful, white head of hair is neat and slicked back. He is dressed this morning in a clean pair of jeans and a clean shirt. Knowing that I like clean clothes perhaps accounts for the swagger. Who knows. But he is obviously very pleased with the way he looks.

But what is he wearing over his shirt? It is not his "signature cardigan" nor his tan jacket. From a distance I can see that whatever it is, it is rather cute; mandarin collar, tan, looks maybe like it is made of corduroy with an elastic band waist. I also note that it is way too small. The sleeves come up above his wrists and the zipper would not be able to zip even over his small chest. The closer he gets to me the more I begin to recognize the size small, woman's jack. He has found and put on one of my jackets. Totally unaware of what he is wearing, I look closely at him and say, "Pop, I think you've got on my jacket." What an embarrassing moment for Mr macho, Mr. suave and debonair. He laughs an embarrassed laugh. I laugh a humored laugh and we exchange my jacket for his. Like the saying goes, "all's well that ends well" ... I guess.

1 comment: