Sunday, May 30, 2010

E-mail to my sister

Several months ago after returning from a trip to CA I wrote the following e-mail to my sister:
Well, I'm back ... entering the man's world of household chaos ... leaving behind the woman's world of emotional meltdowns and bling, bling LOL.

Pop hasn't bathed or changed his underwear in 2 weeks, Wink has two new brief cases, new shelving in his office and a new printer. They bought and returned 2 trucks all in the space of 10 days -- ahhhhh, testosterone. There is evidence all over the pantry floor of pop eating raisins, his blankets were on the floor at the end of his bed hidden under the comforter, and he has evidently been drying dishes because I can't find anything. I just hope the dishes in the draining rack are clean and not washed pop style, i.e. rinsed off under hot water.

Oh, and the cat is yowling at me.

Every time I walk out of my bedroom pop thinks he's seeing me for the first time and greets me with warmth. He wanted to know if I was home to stay or if I was going to go away again. When I informed him this morning that he needed to bathe I got the usual strained look. I showed him his bathroom and gave him his clean underwear. He wanted to know if the tub in his bathroom is where the dirty deed was supposed to take place. Then he wanted to know if the bathroom was available for his use. "Yes, pop this is your bathroom and it is always available for your use." Then he came out into the room and announced to me that he was going to be bathing. Pretty soon he came out again and said "See you later," and pointed toward the bathroom. I asked him if he was going on a journey and he said "No, I'm going to be taking a bath" and pointed toward the bathroom again. "OK, pop. I'll see you later," and he was gone. I just hope he doesn't get lost.

Well, the carpet needs vacuuming, the dishes need to be emptied from the dishwasher, clothes need to be washed and groceries bought. Better go.

I'M HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment