Thursday, January 28, 2010

Living in Don's World

Pop walks in the door with his coat in hand and proceeds to the pantry. Opens the door, oops that's not my closet. He looks for the signs that tell him where his room is. "Ahh," he thinks to himself. "DON, I see a sign that says DON and it points this way." Pop proceeds to the next sign that says OFFICE. He peeks in. Nope, not that room. The next sign says DON'S ROOM. "Aha!" he's arrived. Hangs up his coat and goes to the kitchen. He has just come in from one of his many walks of the day and needs a cup of tea.

He proceeds with accuracy to the pantry again, this time looking for a tea bag. But finds none. And that is because several weeks ago Judy stopped putting the tea bags in the pantry because he kept getting into the quart size bags and was using them for one cup. Judy get's involved and makes him his tea.

After tea he may decide to go for a walk. "Let's see. Where is my coat?" He meanders down the hall and roams from room to room. Seeing the sign on my husband's and my bedroom reading WINK'S AND JUDY'S ROOM he moves away and proceeds to BRET'S ROOM. OK those were not right. So he continues until he finds the signs, once again that read DON! Yea! We are making progress. Down the hall he proceeds reading the signs. Once in his room he is not sure why he is in his room. So he is out the door and finds the sign that reads DON'S BATHROOM. Aha. "I think I will shave," he thinks to himself. "Not sure if I've shaved today but think I'll do that anyway." We hear the whirrrr of his electric razor for the second or third time that morning and out he comes rubbing his bare chin.

"Let's see," he thinks to himself. "Think I'll go for a walk. I haven't had a walk yet today." He heads for the laundry room but instantly recognizes that this is not his room. Turns around and, voila, there it is, the sign. DON'S ROOM. Not sure why he is there he goes and finds Judy and asks, "Is there anything I can do?" Maybe he vacuums, maybe we dry dishes, or maybe he folds clothes. But then it is time for a walk. "I haven't had a walk today," he thinks to himself. "Judy where is my coat?"

2 comments: