Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No Privacy Around Here

Startled, I turned in the direction of Pop's voice to find him standing in the doorway of my bathroom. "It's going to be a cooooold night tonight," he said. I agreed with his weather forecast but what startled me was his sudden and unexpected appearance in my bathroom where I had just finished showering and was drying my hair. No knock on the door. No, "Is the coast clear." No, "Can I come in?" He just sort of appeared. This was the second time that I had stupidly left my bathroom door unlocked. The first time he stopped in for a "chat" I narrowly missed being caught in my birthday suit. I guess you can call me a slow learner because there's no privacy around here!

To him our bedroom and bathroom are just rooms to be used and enjoyed at will. If the sunshine has created a cozy resting place on our love seat in our bedroom, just go on in and enjoy it, is his line of thinking. And if you can't find your own bathroom, a toilet is a toilet, so use the one you are able to find. I guess you might call this an "open door policy" in the truest sense of the word. If our bedroom door is not closed, it is fare game. If it is closed, the sign on the door stating "Wink and Judy's room" sends him on his way to find another place to relax or to potty.

In the reverse, one evening after succeeding in getting him to take his weekly bath, I was enjoying a few quiet moments in our family room in front of the TV. Oblivious to the fact that there were others in the house, out he came in HIS birthday suit. There was no towel wrapped around his lower torso - actually it would have been nice if there had been a towel wrapped from the armpits down to the ankles but no such luck - no peeking out of the door to see if anyone was around. Out he strolled heading for his bedroom next door. Fortunately for me, one of our rather large over stuffed chairs blocked my view from his waist down saving me from seeing more then I think my eyes could handle.

2 comments:

  1. "actually it would have been nice if there had been a towel wrapped from the armpits down to the ankles but no such luck " AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete