Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well, I'll Be a Monkey's Uncle

Today, after returning home from one of my staging jobs I found Pop sitting in a chair by the sliding door absorbing the nice warm sunshine. I noted that he was pushing on his front ... "teeth?" "Wait a minute," I thought. There aren't any teeth there ... are there? The partial that we picked up from the dentist a couple of days ago was still in the bathroom in it's little white container, wasn't it? After all of the discouragement, depression and "Help me Lord's" that came from him during our day long attempt at wearing his new contraption, I had completely given up hope. I assumed that the issue was as good as dead. But it was very obvious that he was wearing his teeth.

I went over to him and said, "Pop, are you wearing your new partial?" He opened his mouth with a Chessy cat grin revealing his new pearly whites! "Oh, my gosh! I'll be a monkey's uncle!" I exclaimed. "That is great. You look so nice with your new teeth!" He smiled with satisfaction.

I walked away from him shaking my head. Will I ever cease to be amazed? Just when I thought he was incapable of embracing anything new he proves to me how incredibly wrong I can be. Not only had he found the partial himself, but he had remembered how to put it in and took the initiative to do so. "Thank you Lord for answered prayer, even something as simple as helping my dad adjust to his new partial."

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. geez..that so cool....i want to see him with his new teethers.

    I love God...so amazing..

    ReplyDelete